Welcome messages? (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:56
I clicked that link but found nothing there. The welcome message gets triggered by a post in the Introduce yourself forum.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I clicked that link but found nothing there. The welcome message gets triggered by a post in the Introduce yourself forum.
Ah I see. :(
They have gone and posted in the Introduction forum again? :(

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I am not sure who or what you are referring about!

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Guilty:)

If I see questions asked in the introduction forum as a first post, I'll move them to a more appropriate forum - it automatically advises the poster the thread has been moved.

Perhaps the rules can be changed so that there is an auto generated post on their first posting, regardless of which forum? Then remove the introduce forum?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I only want the auto generated post in the Introductions forum, else it pollutes the technical question type threads with introduction information. For me, that would be a poor user experience if a non-thread starter wants to get answers by looking at existing threads. They would have to wade through irrelevant content.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
No, It is just I did not notice that the post was in the Intro forum. :(

Why you would put it there when you joined way back in 2017 and had posted several questions is beyond me. :(

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:56
Like CJ I move threads out of the introduction forum that have technical discussion. I'll try to remember to delete that auto response post in the future

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
@pbaldy and @CJ_London
It is not your fault, but the O/P''s and mine for not noticing it was in the Intro forum. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom