Why so Anti America on this forum? (1 Viewer)

M

Mike375

Why so Anti America on this forum?....also extends to anti American

On one hand people accuse America of starting wars and on the other hand they accuse America of being a couple of years late for WWI and WWII???

There is no doubt that if not for the Americans we would speaking japanese in Australia.

They put man on the moon....and even if they were 2 years late for WWII...they did bring WWII to an end.

Beats me why so many are anti American. The English seem to be the most anti American.

Mike

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 23:27
There you go again , generalising when it is not so. There are 2 posters who are considered anti-American in their postings althought I suspect that most of the time they just like to wind people up, its just that they haven't learnt to see when to stop and that they have gone too far.

The occasional apology or admission of error wouldn't go amiss either.

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
On the Aussies speaking Japanese issue, have you ever considered that if the US had not inteferred with the Jap oil supplies they might have just continued fighting an unwinnable war in China and left the rest of Asia alone?

Brian

M

Mike375

Previous postings would strongly suggest I am not.....generalising

I suspect the English have the public service mind set...which does not mesh well with flair......and the English are unable to come to grips with the fact that their empire past away 100s of years ago

But if not for America....England would be speaking German...assuming that the place still existed in a WWII/No America

Mike

M

Mike375

On the Aussies speaking Japanese issue, have you ever considered that if the US had not inteferred with the Jap oil supplies they might have just continued fighting an unwinnable war in China and left the rest of Asia alone?

Brian

What "oil supplies"

Come on..........

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Today, 15:27
But if not for America....England would be speaking German...assuming that the place still existed in a WWII/No America

What of the British, Aussie, Indian, Irish, Canadian, Russian, Poles etc etc role in WWII and defeating the Nazis and Japanese.

A collective effort defeated the pair of them, anything other than a collective effort would have probably led to defeat.

You have been watching too many hollywood movies?

M

Mike375

My opinion is not formed from movies. I am 60 this March and much of my opinion is formed from my father, my uncle (mother's brother) and their mates.

Let's say America decided not to enter WWII????

The reality is that America is a big peice of dirt that is good dirt. England is a postage stamp in size. Australia has the same size bit of dirt as the US but it is shit dirt.

Those that snipe at America should be thankful that America has the ideals that she has.

Mike

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time

Mike

You mean after both Japan bombed Pearl Harbor and Germany declared war on the US ? It would have been a bit difficult if not down right cowardly.

Lets get one thing straight America did not ride to the rescue of the world as some sort of white knight in shining armour, there were no altruistic reasons, she did it because she was attacked.

BTW I will be in America again this year because I like the place and the people, friends accept reasoned critiscism.

Brian

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time

I don't think they the US deserves any special praise for WWII it pulled its weight as did many many others. The point is the collective weight was what told.

If I was being harsh, I could say the US didn't put its weight behind the collective effort until late in the day.

This was the opinion of my grandfather, who was fighting the Japanese and never had any time for the US/Kennedy clan thereafter. He died 25 years ago.

M

Mike375

I am well aware that America did not enter WWII to save the world.

Likewise, America could not have the big bit of dirt in Southern hemisphere go into Asian hands.

But I am just glad that America does not have the English/European mentality of...ban this, ban that...should be a license..etc and etc.

M

Mike375

If I was being harsh, I could say the US didn't put its weight behind the collective effort until late in the day.

They sure put their weight there at the end of the day.:D

Just out of interest....what countries would you have preferred to have had the A-Bomb, over the US of A.

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
As to the World war,
yes i am glad the US came in - and it definatly shortend the war - and more than likely without them yanks the war might of gone a differnet way

However - your post implies (possible inadvertantly ) that the US gave the big push - - Our views are all disjointed - - lets look at russia side of the war ..
lost more men in one battle (St Petersburg-I think)_ than the US did throughout the war.

as to the orginal post - NO way .. there are a couple of posters who are anti US .

Personally - the vast majority of Yanks I have met and corresponded with have all be great .
an exchange of ideas and views on various points from plumbing systems to world politics - alternative energy - to music/films

yes it gets a bit heated on politics - from all views - but he views of a few do not represent all -

It would be like say sir Les Patterson represents the Ozzies -
of course he doesn't ..

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
It would seem very reasonable for Venezuala to have its own Nuclear deterent, if you beleive in that kind of thing.

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Holland....
New Zealand
Sweden
Jersey
Gurnsey
isle of sark
isle of mann
malta

pretty much the smaller countries ( no offense)

M

Mike375

Whenever the question is put....which country would you prefer to have had the A- Bomb........people tend choose a comedy answer, rather than admit that the US of A would be their choice.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom