Gun laws do they work (2 Viewers)

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 21:08
Dick, I try to steer clear of the watercooler as it seems that when I do visit, my ignore list grows :(

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Dick I've taken no offence from anything you have said (typed :D ).

The ignore list is function you can use on the forum to ignore the posts of those users, who's input you do not value or find offence.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 07:08
Dick I've taken no offence from anything you have said (typed :D ).

The ignore list is function you can use on the forum to ignore the posts of those users, who's input you do not value or find offence.

I take no offenses what anybody says as I am me and and thats that, and I am very secure with who I am, but there are some post that I don't read as they have to get so nasty. Not with me, but with others. Where is that block you talk about, in case it gets to that?

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Go to the profile of the user that you wish to ignore and Click on the User Lists heading and then click on Add to Ignore List.

You won't be able to ignore me though :D

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    14 KB · Views: 410

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Go to the profile of the user that you wish to ignore and Click on the User Lists heading and then click on Add to Ignore List.

You won't be able to ignore me though :D

wouldn't want to.
BTW do you live close enough to the ocean to enjoy good sea food?

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Indeed I do :D although, in this globalised world, I do sometimes wonder, out of which Ocean some of our seafood does come :eek:

Having spent quiet some time in Japan, I have developed an appreciation for very fresh sashimi ;)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Indeed I do :D although, in this globalised world, I do sometimes wonder, out of which Ocean some of our seafood does come :eek:

Having spent quiet some time in Japan, I have developed an appreciation for very fresh sashimi ;)

I grew up near the ocean on the RI side and the MA side. FL now my home has some good sea food but not Main lobster.

Attachments

• Peel Lobstersm.jpg
    Peel Lobstersm.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 181

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Oh! John, don't tell me you don't like lobster. You don't have native lobster, do you?

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
I don't like lobster, I love it :D Hence Homer drooling ;)

We don't have lobster here, but we do have crayfish.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I don't like lobster, I love it :D Hence Homer drooling ;)

We don't have lobster here, but we do have crayfish.

I have never watch homer, so I though it looked like he was chocking
Wow! what does that crawfish weight? It look as big as our lobsters. Is that salt crawfish? The only crawfish here that I know of is fresh water. I like them but it take a bucket of them to make a meal. The picture I sent I was at a restaurant in Orlando, FL called Boston lobsters feast. It is $68.00 a head but it’s all the Maine lobster you can eat plus all the other sea food also. In FL waters all they have is languestino(sic). When I first came to FL my wife and I went to this restaurant that advertises Surf and Turf. It said on the menu 12 oz. steak and 1and1/2 pound lobster. When it came it was a languestino(sic). I called the waiter and said your menu says lobster this is a languestino(sic). . He said your from up north aren’t you. I said yes, why do you ask. FL laws dosen’t require us to call it it languestino(sic). . This is FL lobster eat it and shut up. Sorry my spell checker can’t find the right spelling either.

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
The one in the picture is a salt water cray. 2kg is a good sized one, but they can get bigger.

in the fresh water streams we get yabbies, and you need quiet a few of them to get a good feed.

Adam Caramon

Local time
Hey John,
Good to hear from you, not that that I am surprised. That is why I put that disclaimer in there. As I said it does have to be true for me to like it.

But the thing is, you have probably passed this story on to other people that you know. Even if you said "I'm not sure if this is true", some of them will assume it is true. Then people wonder why the country is so divided.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:08
The big question in my mind, why is it that 90% of the people that I meet that want guns band are liberals. This is not mean to be a derogatory comment, it just really baffles me.

It may not mean to be derogatory but it is a flawed outlook. Look at the argument not who you think the person making it is.

For example in that video of the internet cafe robbery that Bob posted. The only person who fired a round was the civilian. He shot a bullet right past another lady's ear and continued to let off rounds in a public street. He could have hit anybody and many more could have been hurt/killed if the robber had returned fire.

Now here is my argument, forget who you think I am, it's unimportant.

I don't want anybody else to make the decision to escalate a dangerous situation like that for me. I'd rather not give a reason for a thug to use his weapon and endanger the lives of other people around me. You see I understand that a robber is just that. He wants to rob not to kill.

Knowing civilians are armed and prepared to react like that makes me feel LESS safe because I know the likelihood of weapons actually being used is much greater.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Colin - After your "threatening emails" a couple of years or so ago, I would for sure be carrying if I knew you were coming. I really have no desire to ever meet in person. Hope you can get over that (I'm sure you'll have no trouble).

I would pay money to watch this happen.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
It may not mean to be derogatory but it is a flawed outlook. Look at the argument not who you think the person making it is.

Now here is my argument, forget who you think I am, it's unimportant.

understand that a robber is just that. He wants to rob not to kill.

Knowing civilians are armed and prepared to react like that makes me feel LESS safe because I know the likelihood of weapons actually being used is much greater.
Dat-cat,
I don't know who you are. In fact I won't even look up your profile until I finish writing this, so I don’t have to forget who you are, and this comment will be just base on facts as I see them. As someone mention earlier are own experiences color how we see things. It has been said that a conservative is a liberal that has been mugged. I had a new business around the 60’s. I just had built a new house on 12 acres of land. I had just bought $10,000 worth of new tires. A robber cleaned me out of almost all of the tires. I ended up losing my business, my home, and my wife.
I would rather stand my ground and maybe end up dead myself before I let that happened again. I also know of people that were robed at gun point and said here take the money, but don’t hurt us, and were killed anyways, so no I don’t share your view that they are just robbers. As mention before there is violent grime commented every single day within 70 miles of my house. Two miles from my house had nothing to do with robbing. The teen broke up with his girlfriend so she and her friends shot him, burned his body, stuff the remains in paint cans. Across the street from my house a friend of mine has a small corral with four horses. Her neighbor gets drunk on the fourth of July and starts throwing fire crackers at her horses. I would rather see that guy dead and maybe end up dead myself than have to live like that forever giving in to despicable people. And! Dat-Cat if you get killed in the proses I am very very sorry, but that is the way it is going to have to be. I didn’t bring the situation to bear, others did. Read my other post about bring in Detroit, MI, Austin, TX, and Kilgore, TX.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Dat-Cat if you get killed in the proses I am very very sorry, but that is the way it is going to have to be. I didn’t bring the situation to bear, others did. Read my other post about bring in Detroit, MI, Austin, TX, and Kilgore, TX.

Here is the crux of my argument. Your fear has reached such a point that it's eroding your ability to think about the concerns of others. Talking about liberals and conservatives is just a barricade to prevent you from addressing where you are lucidly.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
I had a new business around the 60’s. I just had built a new house on 12 acres of land. I had just bought $10,000 worth of new tires. A robber cleaned me out of almost all of the tires. I ended up losing my business, my home, and my wife

As a side-note and this is in no way meant to be flippant. My response would have been to purchase insurance.

Last edited:

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
I am so sick of the liberal/conservative argument. Most people find themselves in the middle. The politicians for both Dems and Pubs are just more of the same anyway. Corporate and finance industry controlled politicians. Why do you think the same people donate to both Obama's and Romney's campaigns?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom