Has impeachment lost its oomph? (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 07:30
SWEDEN—According to sources in the media, President Biden had an incredible first day in office. After signing executive orders to end racism, global warming, and Republican domestic terrorism, the Norwegian Nobel Committee agreed that this was possibly the best first day in office of any president in history. To recognize this groundbreaking achievement, Biden will be awarded the Nobel Prize in all 6 categories:

Physics - For miraculously causing the sea levels to lower by signing the Paris Climate Accord

• Chemistry - For his incredible chemistry with the American people
  • Medicine - For administering life-saving vaccines to millions of people after Trump selfishly hoarded them in his basement
  • Literature - For writing some of the most compelling speeches and most beautiful tweets ever written
  • Peace - For ensuring a peaceful transfer of power with 30,000 National Guard troops
  • Economic Sciences - For raising the minimum wage-- something no one has ever tried before
"This is astounding. It feels so good to finally have a competent president again," said White House Correspondent Jim Acosta with a tear in his eye.

Biden was scheduled to give an acceptance speech but was rushed to the hospital after swallowing one of the Nobel Prize medals

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:30
Col, I'll take a shot at translating a couple of the phrases you mentioned.

"Antifa" is short for "anti-fascists" which was one of the so-called "liberal groups." "Woke" in that specific context means "awakened to the injustice" around them (and ALSO in that context, doesn't matter if the injustice is self-inflicted by people who don't want to work and then have this silly idea that they should have money anyway.) "Digging yourself in deeper" is, essentially, digging your own grave or digging a hole so deep that you can never extricate yourself. The USA Economy is being dug into that hole by liberal viewpoints.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 15:30
Why is it that a president can make laws - (we've all seem Trump signing executive orders with a black crayon) and then the new president comes in and within a week, he cancels the previous presidents laws?

Surely, if a law is made by a president, it should be permanent.
Obviously, I'm not well read, hence the stupid question. But it is a bit odd.

Col

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 10:30
Why is it that a president can make laws - (we've all seem Trump signing executive orders with a black crayon) and then the new president comes in and within a week, he cancels the previous presidents laws?

Surely, if a law is made by a president, it should be permanent.
Obviously, I'm not well read, hence the stupid question. But it is a bit odd.
No, the President does not make law. What you are referring to are Executive Orders. Executive Orders are supposed to be written directions by the President to federal agencies that are part of the Executive Branch concerning the implementation of a law that is in effect. Unfortunately, the usage of Executive Orders has been overdone and has been bastardized.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Try this one:
What truly bothers me is the reverse. Why are the Democrats incapable of independent fact-based rational thought? They march unthinkingly in lockstep like automatons. The "trial" is nothing more than a Kangaroo Court. Why aren't there a few Democrats acknowledging that this is potentially unconstitutional?

PS: Biden through his inauguration speech eloquently spoke of healing and unity. Evidently those words were simply gratuitous boilerplate platitudes that meant nothing. Biden, as President, could have offered leadership and avoided a Constitutional crises by telling Pelosi to simply end the impeachment process at the House level and not forwarded it to the Senate. When Nixon resigned as President, the House dropped the impeachment process as it was "moot". Pelosi could have done the same. Pelosi has tarnished the House and has cheapened impeachment as a legislative tool. Finally, Biden has demonstrated that his is not a leader and that he has no intention of unifying or healing the country through proactive measures.

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Try this one:
Oh, yeah - read that already, awesome.

It should be just obvious to anyone that impeaching someone after they're no longer in office is ridiculous.

It's a waste of time not just because we know the Senate won't impeach, but also because even if they did, it will go straight to the supreme court, who I think will (finally) rule in Trump's favor with hardly batting an eye.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
The scary thing is how fast the "main-stream media" has demonized half the country. It's building by the hour, the left should grow a pair and denounce this.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
The scary thing is how fast the "main-stream media" has demonized half the country. It's building by the hour, the left should grow a pair and denounce this.

One thing that's interesting is that the mainstream media is avoiding playing Trump's speech. If it was so bad, and so "clearly" incitement to violence, you'd see clips of that supposed incitement EVERYWHERE. Like when they thought the Ukraine transcript was bad, they put that xscript everywhere. The fact that, broadly speaking, you basically don't see clips played anywhere tells you all you need to know.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
One thing that's interesting is that the mainstream media is avoiding playing Trump's speech. If it was so bad, and so "clearly" incitement to violence, you'd see clips of that supposed incitement EVERYWHERE. Like when they thought the Ukraine transcript was bad, they put that xscript everywhere. The fact that, broadly speaking, you basically don't see clips played anywhere tells you all you need to know.
There is something else to consider. The supposed "insurrectionists" appear to have done very little physical damage to the Capital building based on the limited clips I saw. In fact they almost acted like tourists, just walking around. Had real damage been done to the Capital building, the complicit media would have had those pictures on full display for the outraged public to see.

If this had been a real "insurrection" one would have expected an armed contingent and a guy on the Capital steps with a bull-horn yelling for the public to rise-up. I seem to have missed that.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The conspiracy theory is that Pelosi, et al, coordinated this with Antifa. They know there are sheep in every crowd and if some people can raise enough ruckus to break in, with the help of the Capitol police, then the sheep would follow and be blamed. The sheep did follow and acted like tourists taking selfies. And the FBI is acting like an actual law enforcement agency and hunting these criminals to the ground. They're even putting up billboards with the faces of the people they're looking for. My daughter reported that all morning there were single individuals with ONE piece of MAGA paraphernalia moving through the crowd that was waiting for Trump to speak trying to cause a riot. If you've ever been to a Trump event, no one has ONE MAGA thing. They have none or 20. My daughter, who always wears neutrals, actually bought a red parka and hat to wear at the rally. It is probably the only piece of clothing she owns that is not black, white, or beige. So, even she had three things. Her jacket, her coat, and her sign.

Too bad the FBI couldn't be bothered to look for election fraud.

DEFUND THE FBI. They have become a danger to the Constitution.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Personally, I think anyone who decides to go on a rally/demonstration, smash up a government building, ignore police instruction, ignore social distancing, not wearing masks are just totally irresponsible to themselves, have no thought for others safety, and provide a massive breeding ground for Covid. They should all be severely punished with a police criminal record that will follow them when they try to get a job, credit, a house etc.
The Americans that attended the riots are total lunatics. Plus, the parents that allow their children to participate in such wilful damage and irresponsibility should also be fined for not being able to control their children.
Col

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The Americans that attended the riots are total lunatics.
I don't think that the vast majority of people who went to Washington that day went to a "riot". They went to a peaceful demonstration which some idiots turned into a B&E episode which caused the deaths of two people. A police officer who was injured and later died of his injuries and a member of the mob breaking down the door who was shot at point blank range deliberately when the officer was not in danger of his life. Of the other three people who died, 2 died from some illness that happened to take them while they were at the demonstration and the last was a suicide.

And you think the FBI is not pursuing this with a vengeance? The FBI is taking this so seriously that they are posting pictures on billboards asking people to identify the perpetrators of the break-in. As far as they are concerned, it is the crime of the century. Stealing a presidential election, well, we don't care about because we hate the orangeman and we don't want him to win anyway.

How about those BLM and Antifa "demonstrations". THOSE people KNOW they are going to a riot since that is the whole point. Burn down buildings and police cars, loot stores, attempt to physically harm the police. That is what a riot looks like. Not the stupid tourists taking selfies at Nancy's desk and who will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law unlike the BLM and Antifa thugs who get bailed out of jail by the Vice President because she supports the movements.

Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
No idea what a B&E episode is. American slang abbreviations again.
I love your dismissal of the incident as 'some idiots', on our TV we saw thousands fighting and flagrantly abusing the Covid guidance, plus hundreds inside parliament building smashing it up.
It's a shame you condone such behaviour, but then again maybe it's normal for Americans- we don't always see these riots on TV as they happen so often.
No comments on irresponsible parents unable to control their children I notice. Nice to see you admit you hate Trump and didn't want him to win anyway.
Col

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
It's a shame you condone
Where, exactly, did you get that idea?

B&E = Breaking and Entering. I don't think you saw "thousands" fighting. You saw hundreds on the steps "occupying" the space and taking selfies. And you saw dozens at the actual break-in site. I think that after the door was breached, there were a thousand or more who entered and most were tourists there to take selfies, not to rampage through the halls and do damage.

I'm sure you've heard AOC relating her "harrowing" experience on social media. But, the thing is, she was in an office building a block away from the Capitol and no protesters ever even entered her building so she is trying to inflame her base rather than relate what really happened.

There was actually very little damage to the House chamber. Someone stole the Speaker's podium and they tore down some signs. I think people broke into Nancy's office and another office and took computers and smashed some stuff. I would be surprised if they did more than $50,000 dollars worth of damage. Please don't think I am justifying any of it. I am just trying to put the episode in perspective. There have been over 4 BILLION dollars in insurance claims since BLM started rioting in May. So, you have ONE episode of "violence" where Trump supporters were involved and hundreds where anti-Trump people were involved where dozens of people died and multiple neighborhoods were destroyed and will stay blighted for a generation with hundreds of police officers deliberately injured by the crowd. What is the equivalency?

Because of their stupidity, hundreds of people will be going to jail and hundreds of others will have criminal records because of this B&E episode and I am not arguing that they don't deserve it. However it just points out the hypocrisy of our application of justice. Justice is no longer blind in the US. Don't emigrate here and expect fair treatment. How many Antifa and BLM thugs are in jail? Oh, that's right, those "demonstrations" are mostly peaceful. Don't look at the burning buildings and injured police officers. They are a figment of your imagination. Forget you saw people running out of stored carrying TVs. Fake news. Trump made a huge mistake in not putting down this insurrection. It is real and it is on going and our Vice President supports it according to what she has said when interviewed. She also calls for people to donate to funds that bail out the perpetrators.

Here's some statistics from LAST JUNE shortly after the riots started to give you some perspective.
431 Law Enforcement Officers Were Injured in the Black Lives Matter/Antifa War - American Renaissance (amren.com)
Here's a report from October. Look at the number of people who were paid to protest. Who paid them? Is the FBI looking at that regarding the Capitol incident? I doubt it.
mcca_report_on_the_2020_protest_and_civil_unrest.pdf (majorcitieschiefs.com)

WASHINGTON — More than 125 people have been arrested so far on charges related to the violent insurrection led by supporters of President Donald Trump at the U.S. Capitol, where a Capitol police officer and four others were killed.
This is an example of fake news. TWO people were killed as a result of the riot. One police officer was injured and died from his injuries. One intruder was MURDERED by the capitol police and the other three were as I described above.

Nice to see you admit you hate Trump and didn't want him to win anyway.
You are again "interpreting", incorrectly, what I said. I don't hate Trump. I don't hate anyone. OK, well maybe Mitch McConnell. I didn't want Trump to be the candidate because I knew he would make people's heads spin, not because I didn't think he would do a good job. Once he was the candidate, I DID want him to win. Living in Fairfield County which borders NY and is a short train ride from NYC, we get a lot of NY news and Trump was always a prominent figure so we probably knew more about him than did the rest of the country. I don't like his personal style but it isn't much different from most of the New Yorkers I know. They are abrasive and downright rude with of course individual exceptions.

Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Hmmm, how did I misinterpret 'we hate the orangeman and we don't want him to win anyway.'?
You talk in riddles - 'AOC'?
I thought you said somewhere your daughter was one of the rioters, if true, what's her take on it?

Surely the election is dead and gone, let it go Pat, don't you have Covid to worry about? Or is that eradicated now in the USA. Worrying about some orange loser is a waste of time and nobody cares anyway.
Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom