Our new home - post your opinions here (1 Viewer)

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 00:17
@vba_php click on the envelope up top right, select show all, there should be checkboxes. When you select them it appears
it works! thanks! I don't think Colin might not like it though. Personally, I had to push the "selected" button at the top of every page, then go to the bottom and check the box "select all". so I did this for all 3 pages of conversations, one page at a time, and after that the number next to "conversations" at the bottom was 50. then I could do a batch delete like Colin wanted. there doesn't seem to be an option to batch delete all of them without navigating to each page and selecting all of them on a pagination basis.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:17
I've just enabled the post counts etc below each persons avatar. Its handy to see it but also adds more visual clutter. Not sure what to think.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
I've just enabled the post counts etc below each persons avatar. Its handy to see it but also adds more visual clutter. Not sure what to think.
Yes, like that.
Is it possible to see who's on line and what they are viewing as it was before the change?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I myself would prefer to see that, rather than having to hover over the user name.?

in fact they started off the same in MrExcel and then relented and displayed join date and post count. (y)

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
welcome back, Jon. Hope the dreams were not about site migrations! :p
Is it possible to see who's on line and what they are viewing as it was before the change?
I thought I was the only one that did that....is this currently not available, Bob? i haven't checked.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
hey Jon, this is just an option. no biggie if you can't show it. but before, we could see the total number of views in literals rather than summary data like it is now (this shows "1k" as number of views instead of something like "1,201"):

Attachments

• number_of_total_views.jpg
    number_of_total_views.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 221

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
welcome back, Jon. Hope the dreams were not about site migrations! :pI thought I was the only one that did that....is this currently not available, Bob? i haven't checked.
I can't find it Adam. Have a look. If you find it, let me know please.:)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
OK. I've sussed how to delete a page of conversations as a batch. I'd found the drop down but it wasn't obvious (to me) that Leave Conversation meant delete it from the list.
Now down from around 440 messages over a total of 22 pages to less than 50 over 3 pages

Agree with the suggestion to restore actual number of views rather than e.g. 2K Views

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
I can't find it Adam. Have a look. If you find it, let me know please.:)
Bob, they gave you the right instructs. after clicking it in the right pane, it takes you there. the only difference is that the list is now separated by type of user:

Now down from around 440 messages over a total of 22 pages to less than 50 over 3 pages
most of those are probably unread ones that were sent by me. :p

Attachments

• whos_online_list_pages.jpg
    whos_online_list_pages.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 207

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Bob, they gave you the right instructs. after clicking it in the right pane, it takes you there. the only difference is that the list is now separated by type of user:

most of those are probably unread ones that were sent by me. :p
Thanks Adam.

Dreamweaver

Local time
Noticed some posts being updated with Question Etc Can somebody let me know how to do it as can't see it

thanks mick

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Don't know how to count this - as a bug or a feature or just confusion. When looking at the list of forums, there is something that is misleading and I don't recall that the old system worked this way.

Let's say that I look at the individual threads listed under General. I respond to the first, third, and fourth, but the title of the second problem tells me it is something for which I have no expertise. I don't respond to that one. So now when I am looking at the list of threads under "General" I will see that the bolding on the first, third, and fourth items is gone, but the bolding on the second item remains. Still not an issue. That part is expected behavior.

But now when I step one level up the tree (to see all topic headers), what I see is that General is bolded but the title that is bolded is the FIRST title. I sort of recall that on the older s/w, it wouldn't show me the first title in that case, it would show the second title because that is the one that would cause the bolding under General. Maybe my memory of that is wrong, and it isn't a show-stopper by any means. But it caught my attention.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Jon, I just noticed this. some of the email alerts coming from the forum are being thrown by gmail to the wrong inbox. and some aren't. I don't know what you can do about that, because I'm not sure if those genuises have server black lists, a list of "suspicious" servers, or if their algorithms are just analyzing too much, like all those big playing jokers. this is just 1 I saw. before I took this image, I had already moved 3 others from this box to the real inbox. actually, this is kind of comical, considering that one of google's own emails is sitting in this box as well. :p see here:

Attachments

• gmail_sending_messages_to_wrong_inbox.jpg
    gmail_sending_messages_to_wrong_inbox.jpg
    456.3 KB · Views: 204

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I've tweaked the appearance of "x Viewers." It was italic and bold. Now it's neither. I've also made it slightly less dark, and I will play with the colour a little.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Do you think we should move the Staff Online widget to below Latest Posts? I am wondering if this will improve usability a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom