The Covid cure has arrived! (2 Viewers)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 07:23
Easy to reproduce these "freedom tickets". Can't crush the human spirit. Soon we will all be free!;)

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:23
Had my second shot of the Moderna vaccine today. 💉💉

Right behind you, I get mine tomorrow. Hopefully we both experience minimal side effects.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
What a crazy sounding uncle Dr. Fauci has become. "Because there might be variants in the future and we're not sure".
Fauci is but a micro-speck to an even greater "disease". That "disease" being that the the US is increasing incapable of making any realpolitik solutions. We are paralyzed into inaction consumed by considering endless "what ifs", such as the potential effect of an unknown virus variant. (Maybe, by extension, we should also consider the effects of an astroid strike as a "what if" and spend trillions of $$ to address that.) Keeping a crises alive by hysterically finding ways to endlessly predict glum and doom; is simply a feeble method by those deriving power from that crises to maintain their autocratic power to oppress the public.

This paralysis of avoiding realpolitik solutions is also being played out on issues such as racism, cancel culture, and immigration. The political "leaders' endlessly pontificate on how solutions must be "found"; but then find (that under careful examination (sarcasm)) that any proposed "solution" is somehow unacceptable. So we are paralyzed as a society. In the meantime, China is "eating our lunch" and moving forward.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
So Mexico under-reported Covid-19 deaths by a whopping 60%, is anyone surprised? Mexico is also the pass-thru country for America's new migrant citizens that Joe Biden asked to surge to our border. Thanks, Joe 🤡

Don't know if you remember, someone posted something touting the higher death rates in the US. The discussion was something in general about lockdowns and masks.

My response was that it seemed absolutely ridiculous to me that anyone was trusting the data tracking, gathering & reporting capabilities of 2nd and 3rd world countries. I was surprised that they would simply refer to some random statistics.com graph about "India deaths" and actually believe that every little village and enclave in India actually had the universally followed and sophisticated technology and data gathering practices to be accurately testing and reporting every COVID-caused death. It seemed to me much more likely - almost certain - that 1st world countries were coming off looking a lot worse due to having the medical resources & technology to actually KNOW what their death rate more closely WAS.

I was especially surprised because we are data people, WE (if anyone does), understand & appreciate the process- and project-sophistication required to actually gather quality and meaningful data on a very broad scale, then store and evaluate it properly. We of all people ought to know full well that 3rd world countries don't have the systems in place to have any clue what their actual death rate is or was.

It fell on deaf ears at the time.

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
WHO team blocked from entering China

This story went unnoticed, this is not last year, it's now.

1617042731063.png

1617042789791.png

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I believe that 'study' will shape up to be quite fascinating

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
The "The Covid cure has arrived!", but those in charge seems to want to keep the pandemic "alive" with fear mongering and endless assertions of new "variations" of other concerns. Maybe we can start repurposing all the old "cold war" bomb shelters as "clean rooms" and huddle in them.

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Got my first dose of Pfizer vaccine in the middle of the night--3:30 AM this morning. Feeling totally normal, other than the occasional moment when I imagine I might be feeling something....then....Nope, not really. Tired, but that's because I don't usually wake up at 2:15 AM and drive to the other side of the city!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:23
I felt nothing for like 12 hours, then some shivers, 4 hours later headache, day later arm ache. So, you may feel a bit grotty for a day but its very short-lived. A cold is worse, not based on duration but based on intensity, at least from my experience.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Funny video of a bicyclist flipping out about covid sarcasm. BTW the bicyclist not wearing a mask. :D

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
I would have turned his bicycle into a unicycle by inserting the front tire into his rectum...

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:23
Hey @Isaac, did you get any symptoms from your recent Covid jab?

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
My daughter made her appointment, the wife and myself not in a big hurry. :cool:

Californians ages 50 and older are now eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine. And they have two weeks to book appointments before the state opens up fuller eligibility to all people ages 16 and older, starting on April 15.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom