The Covid cure has arrived! (2 Viewers)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:17
Thanks. Hopefully I won't feel too bad afterwards. My dad felt nothing and he is 86!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Had mine Saturday. "AstraZeneca"

No serious side effects.

My skin, allover, felt sensitive, but hardly worth mentioning.

I get an intermittent, minor pain in my head, not worthy of the title "headache"

I had a 2hr nap yesterday afternoon, and today, I got very tired, but didn't nap.

Had some peculiar dreams last night.

Oh, I nearly got took short, the urge to pee comes on quick, and frequently.

Very pleased and happy with the jab.

Will let you know if any other symptoms appear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jon

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:17
How are you feeling Doc? My wife got the second Moderna last Monday. She felt pretty achy and woozy if she was up and about too much Tuesday. Got better each day after. All in all from what I've heard, she wasn't too bad off.
After the first Pfizer shot, my arm was sore the next day, very little soreness the 2nd day, and no soreness after that. So far, this one doesn't have any soreness at all.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:17
My dad felt nothing and he is 86!
Supposedly older folks have lower immunity, their bodies can't fight back as hard against the vaccine as younger people. Therefore the symptoms of the vaccine are lessened for elderly.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I can't wait to get mine. The earliest phase I can hope for is the Stage where Arizona does people with pre existing conditions or whatever. Which seems to be the second-to-last priority, even after 55 and older! (A little surprising?).

Things I look forward to stop doing once I get the vaccine:

- Washing my groceries by hand using disinfectant
- Being yelled at to wash my hands every time I walk in the door of my house
- Giving people "elbow bumps" (I miss my aim half the time and almost fell down once!)

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The earliest phase I can hope for is the Stage where Arizona does people with pre existing conditions or whatever. Which seems to be the second-to-last priority, even after 55 and older! (A little surprising?).

It does seem odd that people with underlying conditions are that low. Presumably they're at higher risk than healthy 55 year olds. My step daughter is in the same boat here.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time

Interesting night, almost every hour I needed to get up for a pee!

I should mention that I am keeping hydrated by drinking plenty of water because of the perceived risk of blood clots with AstraZeneca, the inoculation I have had.

This extra fluid intake may contribute to the frequent visits to the loo, but I don't think it it would be much of a contribution.

Most of the night I experienced a slight discomfort in my arm near the injection site. I wouldn't describe it as painful, but it was definitely uncomfortable.

Last edited:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
- Washing my groceries by hand using disinfectant
Hey, I spray my shopping packages wtih anti-bacterial spray! I'm finding that few people do it though. My take on it is that you only have one life, so why take a risk?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
It is kind of an interesting case study in concepts of major catastrophic situations vs. capitalism.
There is a lot of room in between "Everything they do related to covid should be done for free" and "Everything they do related to covid should maximize profits as much as the market will bear".

My biggest concern is the 2nd and 3rd world countries. I hope all interested humans get a reasonable opportunity to get the vaccine ASAP.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 07:17
A naive outlook Issac! My cynicism POV says this whole thing was manufactured to foster dependence, obedience and first and foremost, profit.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I would call it a compassionate outlook. Note: I didn't say I thought all interested humans would get their opportunity, merely that I hope they do.
Hope is a far cry from faith. LOL

I'm actually with you on that POV - especially obedience and dependence.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time

One other minor symptom to note. I got a small ulcer in my mouth after eating something slightly abrasive, not something that would normally scratch your mouth. I reckon the skin inside my mouth is sensitive, would make sense considering one of the other side effects I mentioned earlier was my external skin is sensitive.

Still tired! Would like a kip in the afternoon. I reckon I'm also slightly irritable!

Point of interest:-
My wife had her vaccination about a week before me, and although she had a different version of the vaccination drug, her symptoms are almost exactly like my symptoms.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I had my vaccination yesterday, and felt fine all day. Then during the night I got really bad shivers, a bit like when you get the flu and can't stop shaking. Kept going to the loo too, like Uncle. Had a bad headache this morning, and still got it. Slept badly. However, although I feel a bit grotty, it is no worse than having a cold and I will be better in about a day. I am a little down on energy, say to a 7/10. My arm doesn't hurt at all.

The nurse said that the older you are, the less likely you are to feel bad symptoms. @AccessBlaster mentioned about the immune response earlier in the thread, where older people have weaker immune systems, and therefore a less severe response. So, I am kinda pleased and kinda not pleased that I have had medium level symptoms from the vaccine!

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
They have to be careful with youngsters their immune systems are the opposite of older folks.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Why is it bad to call the Covid-19 Wuhan, but it's perfectly ok to call the variants UK, African or some other country?
Asking for a friend.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
1616603083281.png

Once you give up your freedoms, they are never coming back.

1616603146017.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom