The Covid cure has arrived! (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:49
Even after I showed you by emphasis what you were doing wrong, you take this attitude? Sad. Definitely sad.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 07:49
A Covid cure arrived. Other vaccines are anticipated to be approved soon. That is good news. Nevertheless, swirling in the murky background are those who have (before the election) and those who continue to attempt politicize that accomplishment for their political benefit thereby putting the lives of the populace at risk.

Operation "Warp Speed" was initiated in May 2020. The development of a vaccine, its manufacturing, and then it's distribution to the populace takes time. A lot of those activities are understandably hidden (not in the negative sense) inside of a "black box". As an example, according to one doctor that I heard today, that production of the vaccine that Pfizer plans to be releasing was initiated in October of this year (prior to the election). Yet we see some prominent politicians continue to view that pre-planning and success in a negative manner.

Through mid-September to mid-October Biden, has appeared in a bunch of You Tube videos were Biden falsely claimed that the Trump administration was "doing nothing". Harris also chimed in, to spread fear and promote distrust, by despicably claiming that she would not "trust" a vaccine developed under the Trump administration. Obviously to get a vaccine under development and its production initiated so that it can be released and distributed to the public is doing something. Biden should be apologizing to Trump for taking the initiative to establish the structure to fast tract the development, production, and eventual distribution of the vaccine.

Unfortunately Governor Cuomo, of New York, instead of embracing the good news of a vaccine (and giving credit where it should be given), generated this headline; Cuomo says it's 'bad news' that Pfizer coronavirus vaccine progress came during Trump administration.
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said that while it is "good news" that Pfizer has had a recent breakthrough in its coronavirus vaccine clinical trial, he believes it is "bad news" that the Trump administration will get to plan the distribution.

In an interview with George Stephanopoulos on ABC's "Good Morning America" on Monday, Cuomo said he has spoken to other governors about how they can alter or even block Trump's plan so that President-elect Joe Biden could do it instead.

Last edited:

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
to spread fear and promote distrust, by despicably claiming that she would not "trust" a vaccine developed under the Trump administration.
The is ample reason to distrust anything coming out of the trump admin. As much as I want a vaccine I'm not gonna be first in line.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/08/27...he-fda-will-its-scientific-integrity-survive/

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/trump-appointee-fda-credibility-concerns-72773568

Do you think the drug companies wouldn't rush to make a vaccine without warpspeed?
While I think warpspeed may be useful in the distribution I dont think its had an effect on development.

Some of the drugs on our list of recalls were approved after 1988 when the government allowed a “fast track” approval process to make medications aimed at treating serious and life-threatening conditions available sooner.

Thalidomide, the only non-barbiturate sedative known in the 1960s, was prescribed to treat morning sickness in pregnant women for about six decades. As a result, more than 10,000 children worldwide were born with incapacitating deformities, including missing arms or legs or shortened limbs. The National Institutes of Health describes the drug as the “biggest man‐made medical disaster ever.” Thalidomide never got FDA approval, but about 40 babies were born with thalidomide-related deformities in the United States.
Rezulin was recalled in 2000 for its toxic impact on the liver. The diabetes drug, which was on the market for three years, was linked to over 60 deaths from liver poisoning. Rezulin had undergone a fast track review process because doctors said it was a new treatment option for diabetics whose condition could not be controlled by other medications.
Palladone, a potent narcotic painkiller, was recalled in 2005 after only a year on the market. The drug’s manufacturer, Purdue Pharma, withdrew it due to possible serious side effects if the medication was taken with alcohol. This combination could lead to an instant release of hydromorphone, causing a high drug level in the body, which could depress or stop breathing, leading to coma and even death.

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
The is ample reason to distrust anything coming out of the trump admin. As much as I want a vaccine I'm not gonna be first in line.
So why should we trust anything from the forthcoming Biden administration? They have already shown that they put politics over human lives. ".. Cuomo said he has spoken to other governors about how they can alter or even block Trump's plan so that President-elect Joe Biden could do it instead." Does that mean you may wait until 2024 for a potentially "better" administration?

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
A second vaccine, this time by Moderna, has been announced. Early Data Show Moderna’s Coronavirus Vaccine Is 94.5% Effective. Again, this is good news. Stock market taking a good bump-up on that positive news.

But in the backdrop, Trump predicted that vaccines were anticipated to be announced to the public around November 1st. Unfortunately, these announcements, are occurring after the election, too late to help Trump with the election. Nevertheless, they are concrete evidence that Trump successfully instituted a massive government/private industry initiative to get these vaccines developed. Now we are seeing the positive results of those efforts.

Politics is a "dirty business". The Biden campaign falsely asserted that the Trump administration was doing nothing to combat the pandemic. The complicit media also falsely parroted Biden's campaign allegations. Additionally, consider this story that raises troubling implications concerning the timing of the release of the vaccine news: Biden Informed Of Pfizer’s Vaccine News Before Government Health Officials. After the fact hindsight is now exposing that work was being successfully accomplished. Unfortunately the good news came-out at a "bad" time.

Last edited:

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
This article says that operation warp speed includes language to limit liability from the effects of their vaccines.

https://www.aier.org/article/why-operation-warp-speed-could-be-deadly/

Azar’s order makes “immune from suit and liability…to all claims of loss,” for all those who “manufacture, distribute, administer, prescribe or use” any treatments or vaccines. Administer a rushed-to-market vaccine to healthy individuals at no particular risk from COVID-19 and the government will shield you from liability. Lobby to make the vaccine mandatory and government will shield you from liability.

Noted vaccine advocates and developers such as Dr. Paul Offit have expressed alarm that “warp speed” developers might ignore standard vaccine development safeguards. “Remember,” Offit cautioned, “You’re giving this vaccine, likely, to healthy people — who are not the people typically dying from this infection.”

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:49
This article says that operation warp speed includes language to limit liability from the effects of their vaccines.

Yes! I won't be taking it any time soon...

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:49
Once Trumps out of office and they rename operation warp speed to operation liberal success the vaccine will magically become safe for everyone.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Once Trumps out of office and they rename operation warp speed to operation liberal success the vaccine will magically become safe for everyone.
I doubt it will be Magic like trump likes to rely on but I'll certainly feel better with it in competant hands.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
I doubt it will be Magic like trump likes to rely on but I'll certainly feel better with it in competant hands.
Were is the evidence that the Biden administration would be "competent"?
Biden lied about Trump doing nothing. Biden's so-called Covid-19 plan was a naked plagiarism of Trump's plan.

Biden and Pelosi initially dismissed the significance of the pandemic. They also used that opportunity to attack Trump for his preemptive actions. The failure to perceive impending doom, does not seem to imply competence.

Biden has fought a pandemic before. It did not go smoothly.
The Obama administration's ability to stop the swine flu came down to luck, one former aide says.
So where is Biden's competence?

Last edited:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:49
And nobody in the vaccine group got seriously ill with Covid-19, compared to 11 in the placebo group, who were given a fake vaccine to compare against the real one. The results suggest the vaccine significantly reduces the risk of people testing positive for coronavirus or getting sick with Covid-19.
Source: Daily Mail

This is interesting. Not only do these vaccines seem to protect you from getting Covid with 90-95% effectiveness, if you do catch it, you are unlikely to get seriously ill. So perhaps these vaccines can be viewed as both prevention and cure, or a theraputic of sorts.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Dr. Fauci, the vaccine (actually there are several pending now) for Covid-19 owes it success to the massive resources poured into it through project Warp Speed initiated by the Trump administration. Biden/Harris lied during the campaign by saying that the Trump administration was doing "nothing". Unfortunately, the complicit media never exposed that lie. The gullible public was left uninformed concerning this positive this work. Consequently, Biden may have received votes that he otherwise would not have received.. Credit should be given to the Trump administration for the efforts it initiated that have now led to the positive results of today. @isladogs

Video: Fauci discusses holidays and vaccine

Last edited:

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Don Jr. has done his part and has proven cocaine is not a preventitive for covid.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:49
I hope I am wrong, but in fact it might be a facilitator since it weakens cell membranes in the respiratory system. I wish him no harm, but a weakened immune system would put him at higher risk for serious consequences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom