The Covid cure has arrived! (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 10:45
Do you think the drug companies wouldn't rush to make a vaccine without warpspeed?
While I think warpspeed may be useful in the distribution I dont think its had an effect on development.
Is that a serious comment? The billions of dollars of help and the reduced regulations had no effect on speed??

Okay.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Don Jr. has done his part and has proven cocaine is not a preventitive for covid.
Now we need Biden to do his part and figure out whether inhaling so much shampoo fumes did anything.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
My money has always been on moderna and Pfizer.
I don't even know what this one was but it was never very promising

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:45
I believe it was the one the UK was betting on.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
It's not dead in the water by any means. It just has its critics which there will be for every vaccine showing how it's imperfect and flawed

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 18:45
If you read the article it is quite confusing, they used differing doses across different sample groups, then compared two different sets of results to get an average result.

Genuinely awful statistical gathering and process control.

However, I do hope it was just genuine errors, as it is a lot easier to store and distribute than the other potential vaccines, which for all end-users will make it easier and cheaper to obtain.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
For people who got half of the first dose and then a full second dose, it was 90% effective

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
I think it will set back their timeline quite a bit as 2500+/- participants is pretty small.
Either way it again erodes confidence in the process.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Can you find anything positive

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Can you find anything positive
sure, here ya go

download (1).jpg

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Past performance as prologue.

Top Adviser to Joe Biden Admitted Obama and Biden Botched the H1N1 Response
“It is purely a fortuity that this isn’t one of the great mass casualty events in American history,” Klain said of H1N1 in 2019. “It had nothing to do with us doing anything right. It just had to do with luck. If anyone thinks that this can’t happen again, they don’t have to go back to 1918, they just have to go back to 2009, 2010, and imagine a virus with a different lethality, and you can just do the math on that.”

FLASHBACK: Barack Obama Abruptly Halted H1N1 Testing, Undermining Biden's Attacks on Trump
The theory that travel bans don’t work was proved wrong by President Trump after he took the bold step of banning travel from China in January. Despite overwhelming criticism, eventually WHO experts conceded that it worked and it saved lives. While countries like Italy and Iran were experiencing catastrophic outbreaks, the United States was not. If Trump’s decision to close travel with China saved lives, Obama’s decision not to close travel with Mexico cost lives.

The Obama-Biden administration also failed to achieve its vaccine production goals. The New York Times reported in January 2010 that the Obama administration “predicted in early summer [2009] that it would have 160 million vaccine doses by late October,” but that “it ended up with less than 30 million,” leading to a public outcry and congressional investigations.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
You've got the best sources steve, no lamestream media for you.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Is Huff & Puff a legitimate news source? I thought they were a personal hygiene product like Charmin for conservatives. I must be using liberal news sources the wrong way.
Not the best but its not fox. (or oan for that matter)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Fox is CNN lite
I give it a lil' better than that!
Remember too .... in order to maintain effectiveness (which I'd like), they have to appeal to at least a large enough # of people to stay in good profitable business. And imagine things going downhill and someday there being no Fox at all..

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
I give it a lil' better than that!
Remember too .... in order to maintain effectiveness (which I'd like), they have to appeal to at least a large enough # of people to stay in good profitable business. And imagine things going downhill and someday there being no Fox at all..

When Fox feels the need to censor the name George Soros that's a bad omen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom