Where is everyone? (1 Viewer)

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
Today, 01:31
Did you all take off for Valentine's Day, or what?

<<Tess's footsteps echo in the empty watercooler>>

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Yesterday, 22:31
I think a few people may have gone to buy some Valentines cards and had a heart attack when they got to the till!

Jacob Mathai

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:31
I came to work today. Only around 10 to 20 % people showed up, due to bad weather in the mid-atlantic area. Lot of ice on the roads. The snow storm is over. It may take a few days to clear the mess.

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Brian... it is today;)

I'm one of the 80-90% that stayed home...unfortunately, I can work from here just as easily.:(

on the other hand, her indoors elected to stay home as well...:eek: why am I still here? <great swoosh of air and rustling of paper as the desk is swiftly vacated>

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Should we ask where you went, or should we just draw a blanket over that? ;)

brian

KenHigg

Local time
Should we ask where you went, or should we just draw a blanket over that? ;)

brian

He'll be back in a few minutes, soon as he finishes the cigarette - :D :D

Last edited:

Jacob Mathai

Registered User.
Local time
Scientists finally figured out why Buffalo, New York gets a lot of snow every winter (around 11 ft of snow this winter).
The cold air from Canada meets a lot of hot air from Washington over Buffalo.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:31
Don't know 'bout everyone else, but I took off Valentine's Day to be with my sweetie. Ended up doing some grand-baby sitting instead. But it's ok. Feed him, change him, burp him, rock him, don't disturb his nap. Repeat as needed. Any programmer could handle that loop.

KenHigg

Local time
Don't know 'bout everyone else, but I took off Valentine's Day to be with my sweetie. Ended up doing some grand-baby sitting instead. But it's ok. Feed him, change him, burp him, rock him, don't disturb his nap. Repeat as needed. Any programmer could handle that loop.

Would you use a Do Until or a Do While? :p

Lister

Z Shift
Local time
Today, 17:31
Odd thing happened on Valentines Day here. Found out something very disturbing.
Got talking with several women in the office, most of who were bitching about getting the same thing for Valentines Day as they did last year.
Nothing.
I raised that a good friend of mine, who is in a new relationship (three weeks) got two dozen red roses from her new man.
And here is the disturbing bit guys.
It transpires that if you give a dozen red roses for Valentines, you are unimaginative. And if you give two dozen roses you are creepy or smothering?!

Unimaginative! Creepy! Smothering!

Why the hell bother. :confused:

I gave my wife a statue and a card. She seemed happy, but I am unsure now.

Last edited:

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
It transpires that if you give a dozen red roses for Valentines, you are unimaginative. And if you give two dozen roses you are creepy or smothering?!

No wonder they didn't get anything. :rolleyes: I guess it's still a mystery to them why they didn't? :D

My hubby got me a card and a small bouquet of flowers delivered to my work. A few roses and some other flowers mixed in. I was happy with it. :)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Ken: For the grandbaby loop, it was a "Do Until Mommy Comes To Pick Him Up And Take Him Home"

For Valentine's day, I found a near-perfect gift for wifey. She's a sucker for butterflies, opals, and emeralds. Found this 18K gold pendant in the shape of a butterfly with opals on the big (upper) part of the wings and emeralds on the small (lower) part of the wings. After Katrina, we don't have as many places to put flowers yet. Some of our cabinets are still being refinished or repaired. Others are being replaced. Flat surfaces are at a premium at the moment, though we are getting better as each piece gets repaired or replaced. Wifey seemed to like the pendant, so I didn't catch the "unimaginative" label this year.

Last year, I was in Fort Worth while Wifey was in New Orleans - due to my job requirements. So all I could give her was a card and a delayed present of some ruby ear studs. Since she's a red-hatter, ruby anything is a good gift.

I've promised her that when the grand-baby is big enough to be in day-care rather than in grandparent care, we will take a road trip for Valentine's Day. Just not sure where yet, some details take more time than others.

Today (2/19) I'm at the office by myself. I volunteered to stand watch over the machinery while others took off President's day (USA holiday for our UK and other friends world-wide). Tomorrow is Mardi Gras here in N'Awlins. I have that day off. Whoever stands watch tomorrow will be alone because NOBODY will show up for that one. I get to make up the holiday by having Wednesday off. So I don't lose any off-time, which is the way I like it.

Lister

Z Shift
Local time
Today, 17:31
So, how did the Mardi Gras go? Is New Orleans getting back to it's old self? Was it a day where the fun came out and everyone forgot the hardship you have been under? Bloody hope so mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom