Our new home - post your opinions here (2 Viewers)

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 09:46
most were from China who were doing SQL injection attempts according to the URL errors they were generating.
LOL!!! no kidding!? that's awesome! I'm glad you are secure enuf to prevent that. Do you know what an escape string is? Have you studied them, since you said you were studying ROR? PHP has the function my_real_escape_string that is heavily used by professionals to stop injection attempts.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:46
We were not secure enough before, which is part of the problem. This software is much more robust.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:46
I've added a count add-on as a test. Not too happy with it so far as I think it will affect performance. But you can see under the reply box some data, and also in the Lastest Posts widget on the right.

It's not a big deal if it affects performance, which we all like. Now go to bed for cryin out loud! :p

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Actually, that is exactly what I will be doing! No doubt end up dreaming about web configuration again.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
It's not a big deal if it affects performance, which we all like. Now go to bed for cryin out loud! :p
yeah no kidding Jon! =)

Attachments

• iowa_to_london_time.jpg
    iowa_to_london_time.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 246

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:46
If the post happened between the backup of data and the re-launch then it will be gone.
It did but Jon was kind enough to put one back so no retyping. The other one is not an issue, so I'm good.

Reactions: Jon

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
hey Jon,

regarding what I mentioned before about not seeing the number of viewers in each forum....it appears you do have the feature elsewhere:

Attachments

• we_CAN_view_the_number_of_viewers_in_single_thread.jpg
    we_CAN_view_the_number_of_viewers_in_single_thread.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 247

Dlovan

Local time
Today, 17:46
oww very very good design , it's much much better than previous one from performance & design , you know @Jon12345 it's been 4 years i'm guest from this forum , i was trying to be member but unfortunately i didn't know what's going on with my email , each time says you can't register because you're already a member , but fortunately at this new version it's been fixed after 5 years now i'm a member :) congratulation bro ;)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Working from Bahrain this morning...first time using the new site on a Gov computer and I am smiling like a kid at Christmas. Still working through the "newness" but I know this is going to be good.

Our future's so bright, we gotta wear shades...

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I have a lot of old PMs (now called Conversations) and am approaching the limit of the number allowed...if that still applies.
Even if there is no longer a limit, its time to prune the list.

In the past it was easy to delete them in selected 'batches'
Whilst I can still select several at once, the options available don't include Delete.
Any ideas? Am I missing something obvious?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
In the past it was easy to delete them in selected 'batches'
Whilst I can still select several at once, the options available don't include Delete.
I think you're even ahead of me on this one, Colin. I don't see an option anywhere, in any menu, to "delete several at once". all I see on my end is this, and that's when I'm on a specific conversational page looking at the actual messages from another member:

sounds to me like the mods have more options than us lowly members.

Attachments

• leave_conversation_button.jpg
    leave_conversation_button.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 218

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
If you select the checkbox, a box opens up at the bottom of screen
delete.JPG

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Blimey moke123, you keep your PMs (conversations) for a long time. :D

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Yes, I deleted all of mine, thanks to your tip.(y)

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
@vba_php click on the envelope up top right, select show all, there should be checkboxes. When you select them it appears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom