The Covid cure has arrived! (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:21
I personally think that all governments should have procedures in place ot hit the ground running when the vaccines arrived. Get the logistics sorted way in advance. Not doing so kills people. It is only 1 month after the arrival of the vaccines in the UK that we seem to be getting some volume up. Everything seems so haphazard.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:21
I can order a $5 item on Amazon today and it's delivered to me by 10am tommorrow, a sunday no less.

I say let them handle it.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:21
Were it not for special shipping requirements (cryogenic storage), Amazon could probably handle it. But I doubt they have enough cryo-enabled trucks to do any good.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 05:21
Can one of the ardent supporters of Operation Warp Speed explain WTF is going on with the supply chain of the vaccine?
Our state is doing fine. Well into the 2nd phase and past healthcare workers. Of course people are going to criticize it and claim it is "bad' no matter what.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I can order a $5 item on Amazon today and it's delivered to me by 10am tommorrow, a sunday no less.

I say let them handle it.
Not a bad idea, not sure why they didn't get involved. CVS and Walgreens volunteered to help a lot with storage..

I'm not sure the trucks would have had to be extremely frozen, either - I read a long article about the specifics of the storage capabilities and as long as what you are delivering something to be used within a couple weeks, requirements are fairly lax.
And they have their grocery delivery, so..

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Amazon offered to help the Biden administration one day after Trump leaves office.

Doctor flim-flam Fauci was asked “How helpful would it have been if Amazon had gotten involved in the federal response to COVID-19 before Biden took office?”

Answer:
“No, I don’t think I could answer that question,” Fauci replied, shaking his head dismissively."

I'll answer for the weasel, hell yes it would have helped. Sure wouldn't hurt. o_O

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Too much power concentrated in one place is never good for the consumer.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
There are multiple threads concerning Covid-19. I have previously commented here. I also started the Election Do-Over!!! thread for this reason.
Nevertheless, do to the serious implications concerning both the election and the psyche of the public, I am making a post here.

Biden says pandemic's 'trajectory' can't be changed in coming several months

President Biden said that there is little that can be done to affect the course of the coronavirus pandemic in the coming days.

"'There’s nothing we can do to change the trajectory of the pandemic in the next several months' is the opposite of Biden said his entire campaign," said National Review writer David Harsanyi.

Essentially, this is like an "open mike" incident. Did Biden accidentally admit that his campaign was running on a lie? The underlying evidence is "yes" irrespective of this incident. Biden, during his campaign, asserted that the Trump administration was doing nothing to combat the Covide-19 response, despite the very real existence of project warp speed. Biden during the campaign furthermore, asserted that all the Covid-19 deaths in the US could be attributed to Trumps "failures", blatantly ignoring that other world leaders also had various success rates and death rates. Biden made accusations (which is very easy to do), but then failed to say what could have been done differently. Now, Biden is essentially saying that "nothing would have made a difference", so all that criticism of Trump was for pure political theater to manipulate an election. Very unethical.

In a typical twisted disingenuous attempt to cover-up this gaffe, ABC news reported: Biden's early approach to virus: Underpromise, overdeliver. Particularly galling: "Chris Lu, a longtime Obama administration official, said the grim tone is aimed at “restoring trust in government” that eroded during the Trump administration." It was the Biden campaign that was undermining trust in government by claiming that Trump was doing nothing. Now that Biden has assumed office, the Biden administration acts as if none of their pre-election promises were ever made and now proclaims that they can do nothing to alter the natural progress of the pandemic. The Biden campaign mislead the public.

The Democrats during the 2020 election cycle were adamant concerning the use of "lock downs" as one strategy to blunt the spread of Covid-19. Evidently this strategy, because it is ineffective, is now falling apart after a year for a variety of reasons. One the lack of science supporting it and the adverse impacts on the nations economy and people's lives. Again this points to Biden's previous assertions as this being an appropriate strategy of combating Covid-19 to be false. Unfortunately, the election can't be redone.

So here we have an artificial construct known as Biden profusely proclaiming, when running for office, how he would be the fearless leader to dynamically crush Covid-19, say the day after he assumes the office of the Presidency that "nothing can be done".

PS: Of course vaccines will have a positive effect on combating Covid-19. But it should also be remembered that the Trump administration created the programs to encourage the development of vaccines before Biden took office. Biden is essentially completing the Trump administration initiatives but it will never be presented to the public in that manner by the Biden administration.

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
One of the positive effects of the new Biden administration is the elimination of those pesky "fact checkers."

It's gratifying to see CNN and MSNBC are finally able to do the peoples work instead of focusing on Covid-19 death counts and fascist Republican concerns.

Ahh business as usual it feels so normal and healing, it's a real kumbaya moment. :p

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:21
President Biden said that there is little that can be done to affect the course of the coronavirus pandemic in the coming days.
Bit like the captain of the 400,000 ton oil tanker saying, I will change course soon as I get my hands on the wheel and then adding there won't be any change immediately?

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Bit like the captain of the 400,000 ton oil tanker saying, I will change course soon as I get my hands on the wheel and then adding there won't be any change immediately?
The prior captain deserves the same respect that it takes time.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:21
It instantly goes from a nippy little speedboat to a 400,000 ton oil tanker by a quick change of administration. Simples! :D

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
If one mask isn't working then up it by 100% it's science people.

1611672186754.png
1611672783716.png
1611672879145.png

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
If one mask isn't working then up it by 100% it's science people.

View attachment 88606 View attachment 88608 View attachment 88609
There is always one more safety feature, therefore existing safety precautions by definition are deficient.
From Futurama. The kicker, as the follow-up to Dr. Fauci, is at the 8 minute mark. Spoiler alert for those concerned, the central text is below the video.

Episode Transcript: 3acv05

Zoidberg: All 6,000 hulls have been breached!

[Fry falls to his knees.]

Fry: Oh, the fools! If only they'd built it with 6,001 hulls! When will they learn?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom