The_Doc_Man is off the air (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:56
This is temporary, but you won't see me on forum for a while. I'm in New Orleans and Hurricane Gustav is coming my way. You know it took me weeks to come back after Katrina. I don't think it will be so bad this time, but I am taking my family to higher ground, a couple of hundred miles inland, and nearer to family members in case we need help.

If all goes well, I will be back next week. If not, just be patient. I intend to return. It is just that Gustav has something to say about when.

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Today, 09:56
Take care, and hold on to your hat! :)

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Best of luck my friend. Hopefully it runs out of gas and turns into a false alarm. You guys have suffered enough.

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 18:56
Yes, take care Doc.

But how would you protect your house in New Orleans ?
Seal it or what ?

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Today, 17:56
Hope it's not too bad for you guys.

How horrific having to live through that type of bad weather. We are so lucky here.

SOS

Registered Lunatic
Local time
...just remember to be back in time to vote for the only one that can save America;Obama:cool:
Yeah, sure - even if he gets elected, he won't be what you think he should be. Based on other posts I've seen of yours, you'll still hate America anyway, so what's the point?

Local time
Now, now, smeghead, let's be nice.

BTW, I just ordered all seasons of Red Dwarf for my wife for our anniversary. I'm very excited because they stopped showing it in our area after the 3rd season.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Good luck Doc, just remember to be back in time to vote for the only one that can save America;Obama:cool:

Can you not even wish Doc good luck without slipping these in? Must every thread devolve into this?

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:56
This is temporary, but you won't see me on forum for a while. I'm in New Orleans and Hurricane Gustav is coming my way. You know it took me weeks to come back after Katrina. I don't think it will be so bad this time, but I am taking my family to higher ground, a couple of hundred miles inland, and nearer to family members in case we need help.

If all goes well, I will be back next week. If not, just be patient. I intend to return. It is just that Gustav has something to say about when.

I am relieved to hear that you will be getting out of harm's way. Good luck and I hope that you are able to return home soon.

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Good luck and I hope this one blows on by. I know how long it took you to put everything back together last time.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Well if it does hit, don't rely on GWB to help - he doesn't help southern states, remember he ordered the cut in funding of the dykes.

Why do people continue to live in a hurricane area? Surely there are plenty of other places you could go.

Good luck Doc.

Col

Last edited:

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Doc, we have you and everyone in Gustav's path in our prayers and thoughts !

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 12:56
Good luck! We are all hoping for the best (and preparing for the possibility of being hit here as well.....again ugh)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Where's here?
We have all heard of the problems in New Orleans but when I was down that way early in the year was shocked at the destruction all along the coast.

What's with this retired, at 26! How'd you make enough money?

Brian

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 12:56
Where's here?
We have all heard of the problems in New Orleans but when I was down that way early in the year was shocked at the destruction all along the coast.

What's with this retired, at 26! How'd you make enough money?

Brian

Here is Florida.

Retired as in retired staff here... or just tired... :D

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Doc, I see they are now evacuating New Orleans. A good job you got a head start. Hope everything goes OK and you can return soon.

maxmangion

AWF VIP
Local time
Good luck The_Doc_Man and i hope to see you around back soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom