The Covid cure has arrived! (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:43
I've just booked my second injection.

Looking back, I found the whole thing well run. I had, and still have, confidence in the medical organisations and the government organisations.

I see very few people without masks.

The ones that choose not to wear amask are missing the point, it's about the community working together to conquer this blight on humanity.

Not wearing a mask is objecting to being told what to do, which is a common feature of adolescents, and indeed certain groups of older people. I would say I was "one of those" when I was younger.

I'm a grown up now, and I understand the importance of working together as a community. So put aside your fear, your phobia, your stubbornness and wear a mask!

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 03:43
I 'liked' your post - and indeed, the overall message is well received.

However, in some places of the world, the need to wear a mask is much less now. If you had made your post 3+ months ago that would be different. But currently, in the place where I live at least, it seems pretty reasonable (to me) for people to mostly stop wearing masks - except perhaps in the most crowded indoor scenarios.

Our cases are very low, COVID is mostly over, more than a full third of our population is fully vaccinated and nearly half got the 1st dose.

But, I do try to be easy-going about it. If I walk in a business or group where everybody is still going on with the masks, I don't argue with them and tell them I think the time has come to stop requiring them........I just put my mask on.

When it comes to SCHOOLS and young kids, I feel much more strongly, however. I've heard ridiculous stories, of high school coaches who are being required to require their students to wear masks even while playing the sport! Imagine a running track team wearing masks while sprinting - totally insane to require this. Totally, completely insane. And the coach got fired for objecting to this. So we have crazies on both sides--those who are too stubborn about wearing it ever, and those who are too stubborn to recognize when it's wrong to require it.

We will never all agree about when is the precise time to stop wearing them. Some people are on one extreme - never wanted to wear one at all, and still other people are on the other extreme - will keep wearing 2 masks and hazmat suits until there is mathematically zero chance of getting COVID. Some people even wear them AFTER getting vaccinated, they've gotten so addicted to the mask!

Every geographic region is different, I am speaking only for mine. (I realize some places in the world are still totally in the throes of the crisis....We are long past that here).

ps I also was impressed with the efficiency and effectiveness of my vaccination experience. I give due credit to the people (including many volunteers including local University students) who conducted this massive operation and are doing a great job.

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
@Isaac what about the surge at the border. Do you think AZ, CA and TX will experience a spike in Covid-19 cases?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
@Isaac what about the surge at the border. Do you think AZ, CA and TX will experience a spike in Covid-19 cases?
Possibly. I don't know enough about what they are really doing with the majority of these people, COVID-wise, to have an opinion on that.

We might be in such a good place COVID-wise (especially TX), that it doesn't make much of an impact, but I'm not really sure.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
1621631172016.png

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Remember when people who questioned where the Coronavirus originated from were called crazy conspiracy theorists? They were de-platformed and canceled. But now fake news CNN is now running stories regarding its origin. Now we learn three scientists from the Wuhan lab were sickened in 2019 and had to hospitalized.

The speculation is the scientists took a virus that was basically harmless to humans and juiced it into a superbug under the guise they were helping humanity. Fauci is trying to parse his way around this but it's not working.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Remember when people who questioned where the Coronavirus originated from were called crazy conspiracy theorists? They were de-platformed and canceled. But now fake news CNN is now running stories regarding its origin. Now we learn three scientists from the Wuhan lab were sickened in 2019 and had to hospitalized.

The speculation is the scientists took a virus that was basically harmless to humans and juiced it into a superbug under the guise they were helping humanity. Fauci is trying to parse his way around this but it's not working.
I agree. Also, the bit about the time period of when cell phone service was cut off around Wuhan (around the time the government would have been scrambling to implement a containment strategy - containment of both Viruses and Information) - seems extremely unlikely to be a mere coincidence, too. For some reason my brain still wants to picture Wuhan as some small town (where perhaps losing cell service would be totally normal), simply because my brain was unaware this place existed 1.5 years ago - but I have to remember, this is a city bigger than New York, where such a thing would not at all be normal - and would, in fact, be a catastrophic and rare event.

It is ridiculous for people to say, the fact that coronaviruses were being manipulated in a lab in the exact same spot in the world where the coronavirus originated was just a coincidence. I honestly believe Democrats think people are dumber than they are, sometimes. But I suppose they are counting on misinformation (fake news), probably, rather than actual dumbness.

This is just another example of why I do pay attention to conservative theories. It would be one thing if 1% of their opinions came true 3, 6, 12 months or 5 years later. Then we could say, well, even a broken clock is right twice a day. The reality is, it's more like 75%.

And virtually ALL of conservatives' "slippery slope" arguments come true, despite being roundly mocked by detractors.

I sympathize with China, on a very abstract level. Any country that allowed this accident to happen would be doing absolutely anything in their power to avoid final conclusions of truth. Just about anything and I wouldn't put anything past the US gov either, were this to be Us.

Especially because of the CCP. At least in the US, if you were the guy with the evidence in your Gmail account or your garage, you can at least HOPE that your car won't collide with a garbage truck on the freeway the next morning....hope.
In China you pretty much know how that is going to go, so you have to lie - and, eventually, you might even start believing your lies, what else can you do?

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
I agree. Also, the bit about the time period of when cell phone service was cut off around Wuhan (around the time the government would have been scrambling to implement a containment strategy - containment of both Viruses and Information) - seems extremely unlikely to be a mere coincidence, too. For some reason my brain still wants to picture Wuhan as some small town (where perhaps losing cell service would be totally normal), simply because my brain was unaware this place existed 1.5 years ago - but I have to remember, this is a city bigger than New York, where such a thing would not at all be normal - and would, in fact, be a catastrophic and rare event.

It is ridiculous for people to say, the fact that coronaviruses were being manipulated in a lab in the exact same spot in the world where the coronavirus originated was just a coincidence. I honestly believe Democrats think people are dumber than they are, sometimes. But I suppose they are counting on misinformation (fake news), probably, rather than actual dumbness.

This is just another example of why I do pay attention to conservative theories. It would be one thing if 1% of their opinions came true 3, 6, 12 months or 5 years later. Then we could say, well, even a broken clock is right twice a day. The reality is, it's more like 75%.

And virtually ALL of conservatives' "slippery slope" arguments come true, despite being roundly mocked by detractors.

I sympathize with China, on a very abstract level. Any country that allowed this accident to happen would be doing absolutely anything in their power to avoid final conclusions of truth. Just about anything and I wouldn't put anything past the US gov either, were this to be Us.

Especially because of the CCP. At least in the US, if you were the guy with the evidence in your Gmail account or your garage, you can at least HOPE that your car won't collide with a garbage truck on the freeway the next morning....hope.
In China you pretty much know how that is going to go, so you have to lie - and, eventually, you might even start believing your lies, what else can you do?
Sorry, I lost you after I agree :ROFLMAO:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Adverse effects after my 2nd Covid jab are: very mild headache the morning after; sore arm on injection site, which happened sooner than with my first jab. Other than that, nothing! No need to report to the authorities, so I am part of the 99% unreported in the Harvard study. :p

Last edited:

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Glad you came through unscathed!

• Haha
Reactions: Jon

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I celebrated with my first McDonalds in over a year. Then I remembered that I gotta get used to their luke warm burgers. Is it only me, or have you also gotten food that is not quite up to temperature from there?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
@Jon Glad to hear you did well with it and are feeling OK.
As for McDonalds, I've only ever gotten 'warm' food from them..

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 06:43
I celebrated with my first McDonalds in over a year. Then I remembered that I gotta get used to their luke warm burgers. Is it only me, or have you also gotten food that is not quite up to temperature from there?
I normally avoid Micky Dees and BoogerKing lik the plaque. A couple of weekends ago, I was driving back from South Carolina (6 hour trip) and my son-in-law started whinging about how hungry he was. I had told him to eat something before we left because I only stop for gas and bathroom breaks would have to wait until then as well. He did not heed my warning so to plug his pie-hole and limit my break, I compromised my principle and stopped at McDonalds. Big mistake.

A gut-grenade went off in my stomach and worked its way to my bowels in record time. It was as if my system was rejecting foreign tissue and it had to be expelled forthwith.

Barley made it in time. Reminded my daughter about how she chose poorly...

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
@Jon Glad to hear you did well with it and are feeling OK.
As for McDonalds, I've only ever gotten 'warm' food from them..
Seems like warm is the default then. When I was young, perhaps I cared less about the temp.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
'Er indoors and me had our first McDonalds (for over a year) sat inside last Tuesday. The fries were hot, I had nuggets that were very hot and she had a cheeseburger which was apparently fantastic. Excellent service and staff very chatty and friendly.
No complaints whatsoever. Tables distanced and hand gel available if needed

Col

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
My fries were ok, hottish. The burger looked like it had been left there for ages. I thought that before I even tucked into it because it had gone kinda dark, like when they have been hanging around for a while.

The apple pie...cooked at 12:30pm, discard by 2:15pm, my order completed at 2:09pm. It was less than luke warm. Contemplated asking for a replacement but just couldn't be bothered in the end.

So, two items luke warm. Come on Maccy D's, this is not good enough!

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Do your McDonalds receipts offer a reward of buy-one-get-one-free (mcmuffin or big mac) if you take a short survey? Mine do. Have to admit I've done it a number of times, nice way to score a few cheaper big macs, except they're already priced about twice what they're worth.

Time for 2 random questions I've always wondered:
- Is it true that dipping fries in mayonnaise is common in your part of the world?
- Is it true that British people think Americans are like pigs for eating Corn?

Ok, that's the end of my "are these rumors true". :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom